Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
There is a sticky in the ranger section regarding oils. Here it is http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php/topic,382.0.html

I am using Amsoil 0-40 in the engine and Polaris fluids in the rest. I will be changing fluids again this winter, and will probably switch to Amsoil in the front and rear diff. and also the transmission.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My first engine oil and filter change was a freebe at the dealer. I will be changing again in the next few weeks and switching to total Amsoil just like 2005DMAX.

I run Amsoil in all of my engines and trannies and as long as they have the API spec oils I need I stay with them.

There are a few posts here about dealers claiming Polaris oils must be used but as long as you use a synthetic oil that meets or exceeds the manufacturers specs then you will be fine.

I would love to see our Amsoil sponsor make up kits for us DIYers and post some member specials. It sure would be great to have a pre packaged RZR or Ranger fluid change kit all set up that would have the motor oil and filter and the tranny and differential oils all in one neat package. Shipping will probably be the downfall so if you have a local Amsoil dealer close then find your oil specs in the sticky up top and get it from the local guy.

Most of us who do it ourselves probably just pick a day to do the fluids and do them all at the same time and also grease the fittings while we are at it. I know from past experience that the only way to be sure it was done right and get everything properly inspected is to just do it myself.

Gary

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have been running Amsoil in all my rangers with no failures. The only Polaris product I use is there Carbon Clean. This is a patented product that will stabilize your fuel remove any moisture and clean the fuel system. This works way better then sea foam or stabil.

Dale

·
Registered
452 Posts
Dirty said:
I have been running Amsoil in all my rangers with no failures. The only Polaris product I use is there Carbon Clean. This is a patented product that will stabilize your fuel remove any moisture and clean the fuel system. This works way better then sea foam or stabil.

Dale
Hey Dale, how often do you use the carbon clean?

Heath

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry for the late response. I typically use it once a year if I ride the machine all the time. If it is a seasonal machine I will use it before I put the machine away. It can be used more often I just tend to use it sparingly as I have around 35 machines that I can use it in.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
ECDBMoe said:
what aims oil product are using for transfer case and transmission fluid???
There is a sticky at the top of both the Ranger and the RZR forums. Find the fluid Polaris recommends and cross reference it to the equivelant Amsoil fluid.

Gary

·
Registered
447 Posts
ECDBMoe said:
what aims oil product are using for transfer case and transmission fluid???
The Amsoil Product to use in the Transmission is Series 2000 Synthetic Chain Case Lubricant (Product Code TCCBE - 1 ea 12oz bottle).

It can replace Polaris part numbers

Polaris
Synthetic Gearcase Lube
SCL Chaincase Lubricant
AGL ATV Gearcase Lubricant

To see Pricing and Product Info, click on this link ----> Series 2000 Synthetic Chain Case Lubricant

If you have more questions, please send me a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts