Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer in town won't even look at a diesel. One of my guys was reversing, busted the prop shaft. When it snapped it tore into a housing and looks like it banged up the internals. Not knowing too much about these machines, what housing is this and what would you all recommend ordering for replacement?
Wood Branch Trunk Bone Natural material

·
Registered
136 Posts
That’s the primary clutch cover the shaft rammed thru…you will need to remove the broken shaft obviously and the the cover to check out the primary drive clutch, secondary driven clutch and the drive belt. The lower part of cover that extends outward is where drive clutch is and upper right is secondary…you may have gotten lucky and split the difference and missed them both.

you just need to inspect once cover is off and see…while cover is off you might as well swap drive belt as I would expect it got trashed. There’s only 6 to 8 bolts holding cover on, but you obviously need new cover.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I wouldn’t order anything until you get it apart and see what all may be damaged…once you remove the cover it should look like the attached pic.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

You can google search..how to inspect Polaris diesel primary and finds videos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts