Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 500 EFI, 2020 XP 1000 Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions, What's your favorite windshield for the XP1000 and why? With fall approaching it's time to order a windshield for my 2020 XP1000.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not sure of where you live but here in TN my windshield stays off the machine the entirety of summer. I'd suggest a tipping windshield so you have option of a breeze or not

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of where you live but here in TN my windshield stays off the machine the entirety of summer. I'd suggest a tipping windshield so you have option of a breeze or not
I'm in central NC so similar weather. I agree I'm thinking the windshield will be primarily for mid/late fall, winter, and early spring. I'm currently leaning towards the official Polaris full glass windshield.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hear the Polaris oem glass tip up cracks easily.....and at $1,300 that's a expensive crack ......I'm in the fence between the super ATV flip up and the polari oem glass tip up the super atv tip up is 600$ so you literally could buy 2 of them for the price of the oem .....only problem I have is the super atv is bound to scratch all to hell its inevitable.....that's why the glass is so appealing but like I said I could buy two

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@PolarisTexas edition Have you heard anything about the stationery, non-tip out, Polaris full glass windshield? That's the one I was leaning towards, stationary fixed full glass for late fall, winter, and early spring than remove and store during the summer.

I completely agree with everything you said about the tip out models and generally, SuperATV makes really good products but no doubt any of the poly windshields are going to scratch significantly more than glass

·
Vendor
348 Posts
You shouldn't have to worry about any scratching with the hard coated material. That's some tough stuff. You still don't want to grind any sand or dirt into it when washing it, but it can take a serious beating without any scratches. They get hit with rocks and limbs all the time. Definitely go with the scratch resistant option if you're in heavily wooded or muddy areas. It'll take the abuse.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@PolarisTexas edition Have you heard anything about the stationery, non-tip out, Polaris full glass windshield? That's the one I was leaning towards, stationary fixed full glass for late fall, winter, and early spring than remove and store during the summer.

I completely agree with everything you said about the tip out models and generally, SuperATV makes really good products but no doubt any of the poly windshields are going to scratch significantly more than glass
They did have a bad run at one time I heard. Back about 6-7 years ago! They weren't tempered right.
That said. I have the same fixed glass windshield I bought when I got my 2016 900. It now sets on my 2018 1000 and stays on year round. No problems and takes hits from branches frequently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What about the Kolpin glass? Being fixed in place I guess not breeze in summer. I'm looking for something as well that won't break the bank.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the old style that was prone to breaking was frameless. I went with the oem tip out on my 2021 last weekend and it is rock solid with a metal frame. I am very pleased with it so far. I will probably load it on the trailer backwards when traveling on the interstate or highway to reduce rock chips...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 XP1000
The best accessory I have is the flip up window. I would recommend it to everybody. I highly recommend you do not get a fixed window. The breeze flowing through, the view, dust control when you roll down or have no side window.
Even in the Sierra winters when on tracks I open the window for the breeze and clear view.

I had 2 minor problems. 1 was the gasket got a small tear in it on a passenger side screw. (I adjusted the window and had no more problems.
The other i think Polaris should change. Newer models have a "L" type handle coming off the windshield to lock or vent the window. If you use it to pull down the window it feels flimsy, breakable, and in my case just came off a couple of times. Easy to put back on with Polaris tool kit. The old style was a handle that you grasp and pull. I have never had that style but it sure looks more robust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts