Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into putting a 2" lift kit and 2" wheel extentions on my Ranger. Does anyone know or have an opinion on how this will effect the CV joints and boots. I don't want to do anything that is going to just mess things up. Any experience or advice?????? :-\

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would also like to see some info on this , i am wanting to go with a 2 inch lift and 27 inch laws , iam worried about braking cv joints in the front. doese anyone have some first hand experience on this ?

i see that RANGER 29.5 is running the big laws . i would like to now how much lift he has ,and if there has been any axle problems?

joe

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do run the 29.5 laws, and for axle holding up dont ride it lol.I have a lift that I made and its 3 to 3.5 with shock axle they dont hold up,we put gorillas in running good.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I probably don't ride as hard as Ranger 29.5 but I have 29.5's a 2" lift kit, 2" offset A-Arms, and 1.0" wheel spacers. I have a little rub if I hit a big hole hard. I have had no issues with my axles or cv joints. I am sure I am putting more stress on them, but what fun is it having it stock. The gorilla axles are made for 30 degrees of travel I believe and they are built strong. However they are costly. I say run what you got, take it easy and save some money along the way. You never know they might not wear out any sooner. Driver's foot can cause alot of problems. I have seen it to many times while jeeping as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Gorilla axles can actually take up to a 42 degree angle. They won't last very long because of the heat build up at the extreme angle. I Have a sportsman the runs at a 39 degree axle angle all day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts