Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the word on wheel spacers???? I am looking to check my options with supension and rubbing on stock tires. I do some riding in the mountains and also ride in the dunes. I noticed some rubbing on my wheel wells the other day when I went riding in the hills. Any ideas or comments??? What do you guys thing of long travel suspension??

:-\ :-\

·
Registered
16 Posts
good question...maybe the ITP offset rims would accomplish the samething as the wheel spacers. any one care to compare performance of the 2? pros n cons of each? I had about decided on the rims in the hopes of eleminating the scrub.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I would think you can accomplish the same goal with offset rims or spacers, move the tires out a bit!

Long travel kits are an entirely different story.

Some here could greatly benefit from adding the long travel kit while others can't.

If overall width is never a concern and you have a deep pocket then I am sure the LT kit will add alot to the ride and performance. Keep in mind these get mighty expensive and pretty quick. I think you need new shocks, new axels, new brake lines, new steering rods, new A frames and lots of other parts that may or may not be included in the kit.

It's safe to say the sky is the limit to what we can spend tweeking these machines up. I can easily see where $25,000 could go into an RZR or Ranger.

Around here where I am most of that would be a complete waste that would also slow you down or keep you off certain trails. We have plenty of trails that a stock RZR can go but a Ranger is too wide for and even some guys who got big foot kits for their quads can't make it through.

I do like reading about these kits and seeing some of the machines dolled up. Guess it is all about what you can do and where you can ride it.

Gary

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
caglezxj said:
Are you still using factory wheels and tires?
I have both the original factory wheels and tires as well as the larger set Bruiser or Crusher set offered as an option from Polaris.

Like them both.

Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a toss up for me. Right now I am on stock rims and tires, but I think that I am leaning more towards spacers all the way around.(cheaper). What is the going rate for spacers??? I am still interested in anyone with long travel suspension other than the cost and much wider on the trails. How's the performance?

:coolsmiley:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey, JimmyJam!

I got 2" spacers all around - I bought mine on Craigslist for $100
They're Ranger to Rhino Spacers.
According to my research they're around $200.

I haven't had any problems yet and I really like the look.
Next best thing to LT, I think.

But, that's why LT is so expensive
I would love LT, but w/ it's prices and this economy,
I couldn't justify the cost.

btw, did you check out our new Arizona Club??
http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?board=44.0

·
Registered
185 Posts
I HAVE 2 INCH ALL 4

NEXT LT JUST NEED SOME OTHER MODS 1ST

LIKE A 800?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have spacers on my race RZR and 5/3 offset wheels
The down side to spacers are.
1. It puts more stress on your hubs
2. the extra width also gives it more leverage. It has a tendency to won’t to rip the wheel out of your hand when you hit a rock or grooves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts