Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All;

I'm new so forgive my getting something wrong.

I just relocated to Arizona and me and a couple of friends are getting all amped up to go hit all the trails I see everywhere around me.

I have a 2019 Ranger XP 900 and I want to put the duraclutch kit on it. I keep hearing it increases fuel mileage? Anyway, for those of you who have one - did you get it from a dealer or direct from the duraclutch website? Do you really need a dealer for this thing? Looks pretty easy to put on. I also see duraclutch is giving away a free kit wich seems like more incentive to just order direct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thank you!
Welcome.

If I may ask, why duraclutch and what will your terrain usage be?

They are a great clutch and were designed for running tracks on the ranger. Very smooth engagement but very heavy engine breaking. Plus, very expensive. Was just curious. I went a different route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hills and mountains around Scottsdale. Some desert riding. I also use it as a pit vehicle. Never heard that they were for running tracks on the ranger? Interesting. I don't really know of any alternatives. I tried these on a friend's machine two years ago (?) and I loved them. Did not mind the engine braking, kind of preferred that.

·
Registered
158 Posts
10-4 they ought to work good for your application. Guys that ride the steep stuff seem to like them very much.

While the more spirited drivers complained about the engine breaking. Backing off the throttle on loose gravel would want to make the back pass the front.

Duraclutch was made by the same company that makes duratracks. Tracks are hard on clutch components.

Just another option if you weren't aware for a little less. Gilomen Inovations is who I've delt with on my 900 and current 1000.
He can set you up with a team tied secondary. Same secondary as duraclutch. Clutch kit that really smooths out engagement and an ecu tune that will bring the hp up to around 84 hp along with many other benefits. Something to consider if you weren't aware. Terry is a stand up guy.

Take care.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I am going to take a shot at the Duraclutch they are giving away. But I will look into the other one you mention. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I am going to take a shot at the Duraclutch they are giving away. But I will look into the other one you mention. Thanks!
I love my durachutch on my 17 900xp. I do run tracks in the winter, but having the breaking on the steep terrain at our cabin is even better reason. the ease of take off and backing to attach trailer etc make it worthwhile.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts