Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Dale.

I'm pretty much done w/ the look of my Ranger.
Now I'm ready for some performance Mods. But just like it has taken me a long time to complete the look, it will take me a while to complete these upgrades.

I would like to work in $300 or so intervals and very long intervals at that :'(
:2funny:

I do mostly trail rides w/ some very steep hills. So far not much trouble - but I know my limits, and I'm hoping to increase my limits O0

My Ranger info is in my sig line.
Where should I start?

THX!

Augie

·
Registered
104 Posts
Augie, One of the best places to start is with clutching and filtration. The clutching will help you pull the hills better with more speed plus the added bonus of having engine braking. The filtration will give you better throttle response, the motor will be quicker revving and added engine protection.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the quick response, Dale.

Currently I have a Uni Filter installed and I have a Big Gun Exhaust waiting to be installed.

What other filters do I need? I wanted to add the K&N filters under the hood, because I don't have a tilt bed.

Does the clutch Kit option- http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=757.0
include the clutch- http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=761.0
and the clutch weights- http://polarisrangerforum.com/index.php?topic=762.0?
Seems like a pretty good discount if you go w/ the complete kit.

Would you recommend I go w/ this clutch kit first?
Is the Big Gun exhaust what you recommend or do you usually go w/ another axhaust?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry for the late reply as I have been busy building a race RZR. The under the hood K&N filters and outerwears work great for both the motor and clutch intake. Clutch kits would be a great mod. First I would want to know where you ride? What elevation, What tire size and brand? What engine mods you have if any? I see from the picture you have a different cage if you have a windshield or cab these are all things that are considered when setting up a clutch kit. As far as the exhaust goes we do not have anything at this time. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks Dale

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand, Dale. I know you're a very busy guy. Thx for responding though and putting up w/ my questions!

The price listed in this forum is what I should expect to pay?

where you ride? Mostly hard pack trails. But at some point I would like to do some dunning or different terrains. I don’t know how much this would come into consideration, if at all.

What elevation? around 1150ft, during the summer I plan on doing some trips in northern az,
where it’s between 4500 to 6500 ft, not very much though.

What tire size and brand? 26” bighorns w/ 14" wheels

What engine mods you have if any? No mods.

I see from the picture you have a different cage if you have a windshield or cab. ½ windshield

btw, I did install the big gun exhaust.
And the million dollar question is,
How long does it usually take, until I got to try out this clutch kit?

Thx, Dale!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The clutch kit can be purchased with or with out the adjustable weights. I would recommend the adjustable weights if you are going to do any mods or ride at elevation as they can be adjusted to achieve max performance in all conditions. The kit is easy to install as it requires basic hand tools. The install will only take about a 1-2 hours.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'AM THINKING OF DOING THE SAME CLUTCH KIT LETS MAKE IT A PARTY ....

GOING TO GIVE DALE A CALL.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was supposed to get my stimulus ^-^ check this weekend.....but there's a "glitch"
I won't be getting it 'till June :mad:

Now it'll be a couple more weeks before I can order :-\

·
Registered
185 Posts
LET ME KNOW AND WE WILL GET WITH DALE AND ORDER 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts