Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Polaris 1000 Premium EPS. I am wondering which plow mount is best as KFI offers two options for my machine. Part #106165 bolts directly to the machine and requires drilling. It does not use the factory Polaris plow connection points on the bumper. Part# 105975 requires no modifications to the machine as it uses the factory connection points. I will also have their lower mounted hitch receiver and winch mount.

Is one model stronger than the other? Which option would you go with? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just received the KFI 72 inch poly pro with the 105975 mount that attaches to the Ranger front bumper. I am a little concerned with the strength of the bumper mount points holding up. I am plowing in very rough terrain and it takes a beating catching rocks ...we will see how it holds up.
The last plow I had was also a 72 inch and bolted to the frame, it was very strong and I had no issues , but you need to remove it when you are done plowing and that's a pain. The mounting tabs on that design hang down and hit on everything and get really beat up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just received the KFI 72 inch poly pro with the 105975 mount that attaches to the Ranger front bumper. I am a little concerned with the strength of the bumper mount points holding up. I am plowing in very rough terrain and it takes a beating catching rocks ...we will see how it holds up.
The last plow I had was also a 72 inch and bolted to the frame, it was very strong and I had no issues , but you need to remove it when you are done plowing and that's a pain. The mounting tabs on that design hang down and hit on everything and get really beat up.

Thanks for your input. Looking at the installation manual for the 106165, it appears part of the mount attaches to the frame? In your opinion, does this mount look better? Here is the manual with pictures: http://www.kfiproducts.com/QR-CODES/Manuals/M106165_small.pdf

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ha ...I am actually bolting my KFI plow together right now ...well actually taking a break and drinking a beer ..🍻

The last plow I had (Moto alliance Denali) the mount tabs hung way down low and bolted to the frame below the UTV

The 106165 looks much better than the Moto alliance I had

After looking at those instructions it still bolts to the bumper not the frame . So IMO I would go with the 105975

1 - 4 of 4 Posts