Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing the stock tires, but not sure what to go with. I also have a Yamaha Grizzly that I put the rear tires on the front rims and replaced the rear tires with Mud Bugs, which are awesome in the mud compared to stock setup. I would like to hear from some of you guys as to what you run in the mud and what does and does not work.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I run the 29-5 outlaws,on the next ride going with the new gorilla 32 :coolsmiley:

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just today ordered 14' Swamp Lites for my rzr, I also am having them sent with the ITP ss112 extra wide off set's. I researched the heck out of this and I'll let you know how they work. I wanted something smooth on hard pack, but not so slick in the snow.. The goodyear MTR's are slipping all over the place..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ranger said:
I run the 29-5 outlaws,on the next ride going with the new gorilla 32 :coolsmiley:
Did you see the "New just released" Zilla tires ,, not Mudzilla just Zilla, mmmmmm might be worth a peek as they are super light weight.. with all the mudzilla work load..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Code said:
Did you see the "New just released" Zilla tires ,, not Mudzilla just Zilla, mmmmmm might be worth a peek as they are super light weight.. with all the mudzilla work load..
Yup I have saw some last week on a ATV and they are nice but we do a lot of deep water and mud riding.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i am running 27" mudgears for hunting and mostly trail riding. for dirt road riding i got some 16" truck wheels redrilled with some 285 all terrains. then if thing get real serious i do snatch my 29.5's off of THE DEBIL and put on there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
27 inch swamplites. Great in the mud and snow.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Morganwoody said:
27 inch swamplites. Great in the mud and snow.
Your killing me I have those coming, can't wait, looks like I'll have two sets of Polaris' 14' for sale..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Going next week to have my 27 swamp lites and 3 inch lift installed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Here's that set up but with 2" lift.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So what offset are you guys running on the RZR's. I have 29.5 outlaws from my rhino days and I tried to put them on the rzr and they hit the engine mount. Also contact the front sway bar links. I am running stock offset with 1.5 spacers and a 3" lift. I would love to be able to get these on for the upcoming winter!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think you would need 2" offset plus more lift. I really don't know how the guys are running larger than 27" on them due to the rubbing. I wanted to go with 29.5 but the axles in the 07-08 are weak and polaris changed them in 09. So if you do it be careful. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
family said:
So what offset are you guys running on the RZR's. I have 29.5 outlaws from my rhino days and I tried to put them on the rzr and they hit the engine mount. Also contact the front sway bar links. I am running stock offset with 1.5 spacers and a 3" lift. I would love to be able to get these on for the upcoming winter!
Take ur stock rims and turn them around backwards and see what that does for you. I did it on my rzr but i only got 27's on mine but it gives u alot more off set. If you do this make sure your vavle stem does'nt hit the brake caliper but with spacers u shouldnt have a problem.

Heath

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seems like an odd thing to do but what the hec, I will give it a try. I only run the 29.5's during the winter so I really do not care if it looks goofy. Do they stay tight ?

·
Registered
452 Posts
family said:
Seems like an odd thing to do but what the hec, I will give it a try. I only run the 29.5's during the winter so I really do not care if it looks goofy. Do they stay tight ?
Hadnt had any problems with mine and i ride the heck out of it.

Heath

·
Registered
167 Posts
i mostly drive on dirt roads, some places i drive are pretty rough and i hit the occasional mud hole. should i get swamp lites or mud lites?

·
Registered
167 Posts
are they loud or rough on pavement? im also concerned about a mud tire wearing down pretty fast in the compact stuff i ride on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts