Polaris Ranger Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
This topic is covered quite well on YouTube TFLoffroad Jeep wrangler vs side by side. Video was good but the comments were even better. Many comments from longtime Jeep offroad guys that switched to a side by side for trail riding because the SXS rode smoother and could go faster for more fun riding. And a few mentioned Jeeps break too and they are expensive to fix as well. Lots of other reasons but the number one for me is how many switched to a SxS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We chose a NorthStar because of it's size. I built a trailer for it (when it arrives) and if I change my mind, I will pull the bed off my pickup, fabricate a flatbed and haul it. It should run a little over 2000 pounds wet, which is no big deal. There are times traveling that not dragging a trailer is nice. It is smaller, so less chance to rip it up on overgrown roads and trails. I like the enclosed cab and my experience with jeeps is that no matter how well they are closed up, wet and cold enter when you least expect it. It fits my wife and I, she has an interest in operating it and she has plans to put tracks on it for the winter. All in all, for our purpose, it was the correct choice . Note: For our plans and purpose.....

41 - 44 of 44 Posts