Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Polaris Ranger 900XP with a winch installed by Polaris and a Polaris winch remote. Put in new battery A23 and able to operate winch a couple of times then the remote quits. I have been through 4 new batteries and same thing happens each time. Seems like the remote is shorting out the batteries. Any ideas what the issue could be?

·
Registered
47 Posts
copied an amazon comment from the link above
FYI ALL ...ON A ( 2012 POLARIS 550 SPORTSMAN) WHICH IS PROBABLY SIMILAR TO ALL POLARIS

TAKE OFF THE BATTERY COVER PIECE UNDER HE HEADLIGHT FIRST...

WORKS GREAT ...I ZIP TIED THE RECEIVER TO THE METAL BRACKET HOLDING MY BATTERY DOWN ..

IF IT DOES NOT WORK YOU HAVE 2 OF THE PLUGS REVERSED. PUT HE GROUND TO THE BATTERY POST AND THE HOT LED TO A ORANGE WIRE THAT HAS A SPADE CONNECTOR ON IT . IT IS ONLY HOT WITH THE IGNITION ON SO ITS BUENO AND SHOULD BE RIGHT AROUND TE BATTERY WITH NOTHING ON IT .

ALSO THE REMOTE WILL NOT LIGHT UP UNLESS THE BUTTON IS HELD DOWN FOR 3 SECONDS.....SAME TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF , OR IT WIL EVENTUALLY SHUT OFF .

HOPE THIS HELPS AS POLARIS IS LAME AND INCLUDES NO INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALL , JUST DIRECTS YOU TO THEIR SITE TO SELL YOU MORE STUFF...........GOOD PRODUCT OTHERWISE

THEIR IS A VIDEO BY A GUY ON U TUBE AS WELL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts