Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a few pictures I took on our ride to Windrock in Oliver Springs, TN . We got some snow while there which is the first time my Ranger has seen snow. As for the trails they was muddy, icy, and rocky. The 29.5 swamp lites did the trick. I ran in 2wd most of the time. As for the trails I recommend staying on the Moderate Trails if you go. Stay off of the " 39 " loop unless you want to rely on a winch about 50% of the time. Good times and fun in the ranger. The ATV guys was jealous of the top, front and rear windshields.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
That looks just like here on a cold, dank and nasty day. This time of year you have to add a foot or two of snow but the terrain is very similar.

Nice pics Josh but I can't say I am sorry to have missed that ride!

Gary

·
Registered
477 Posts
I really like the pictures! I appreciate you sharin' them. I especially like the stream comin' down out of the mountain.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ya i saw a lot of those windmills in germany this summer. never knew just how gargantuan those things really were till i saw them

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Driving back from California to Vegas, there is a pass you go through that has them as far as your eyes can see and on both sides of the highway.

All the "Go Green Tree Huggers" want alternative energy but they scream and complain if we put it where they can see it or it messes up the natural view--------------GO FIGURE!!!!

Gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
i think theyre pretty spectacular imo, dont think they mess up the view at all. where im from, theyre not something you see everyday

·
Registered
81 Posts
nice pics,looks alot like the mountains here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey, tpotter! I played music in Elkhorn City once back when I played with Mel Street.

·
Registered
81 Posts
elkhorn city

hey cathead77,how close are you to elkhorn city?maybe try to do some riding this spring after it warms up some. Tracy

·
Registered
477 Posts
Re: elkhorn city

tpotter said:
hey cathead77,how close are you to elkhorn city?maybe try to do some riding this spring after it warms up some. Tracy
According to Yahoo it's 75.23 miles and IHR and 51 MINS from Premier, WV to Elkhorn City, KY. The distance vs. the time goes to show ya what a crooked path it is......haha. It would be cool to meet up and ride. I have a Garmin GPS on the way. Hopefully before too long I will have some trails marked so I'll know where I am when I go back. There are so many.

·
Registered
81 Posts
just got a garmin 2 days ago, pretty neat ,when i figure it all out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts