Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Trying to wire a three terminal switch to my ignition so it can only be switched on with the ranger on. My ignition has four wires orange, red, green orange. The three terminal switch needs a power and ground. Any idea which ones I tie into.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The orange wire is the switched pos. , it goes to a splice junction on the chassis , should have six orange wires , connect there for positive , the ground you can get anywhere on the chassis
..What are you connecting ? Be aware there is only a 11.5 amp alternator and the machine with headlights on is pretty much using all of that .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m the harness I have has two plugs. I’m wiring a 10 inch light bar and 2 led whip tail lights. I can’t imagine it would drain it

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was just looking at 10 in. lightbars on ebay , they are commonly 50 watt , that would be pushing the max on the ranger 150 charging system .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't tap into { butcher } the ignition switch wiring , find the junction with six orange wires wires and connect there , use a ring terminal there .

·
Registered
207 Posts
probably under the seat by the engine computer would be my guess , perhaps somebody else on here knows for sure - it shouldn't be too hard to find .

·
Registered
40 Posts
passenger side under the hood. your machine probably only has a 3 outlet buss bar. You can buy a 6 outlet buss bar to replace it from polaris, as well as the connectors off of Amazon or Ebay.Its a nice, clean install. No need to do a "hack job" on your wiring harness. There will be lesss of a chance of a short or water intrusion too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
150's don't have the three post busbar because they were never designed with a electrical system to support accessories .
This is the junction point I am referring to -

The led whips you want to install would be fine but the lightbar will be pushing the charging system ....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts