Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a 30" light bar on my 2014 ranger 900xp and was wondering where a good place to make a tap off of the lighting circuit would be? I want to tap off of the existing circuit so the lights cant be turned on without the ignition on. I am going to wire through a separate switch and have that control a relay so the load on the existing lighting circuit would only be adding the load of the coil of the relay. I see where the wire (red w/ yellow stripe) comes off of the fuse and was wondering how it is routed from there. It goes several other places and either has a distribution block or is spliced and taped over to go to multiple locations. The wire off of the fuse looks like 14awg and the wires on the existing switches look like 16 or 18awg. Where does it make this change? I assume that I could just tap off existing switches since I am just adding the load of the coil.
Any help is much appreciated! Thank You!

·
Registered
871 Posts
There should be a circuit panel with 3 bolts by the battery or under hood. One is always hot, one is keyed hot, and one is ground. That is where I tapped into for all my accessories. Just put a fuse between power and a switch and ur r golden. A simple test light will tell u which one is which. I like the lighted switches so u don't leave the lights on once the sun comes up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could someone post a pic of the circuit board ( more specifically the 3 post that had the keyed hot post) on a 2014 ranger xp900.
I have same issue and want to make sure in hooking up the correct way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could someone post a pic of the circuit board ( more specifically the 3 post that had the keyed hot post) on a 2014 ranger xp900.
I have same issue and want to make sure in hooking up the correct way
Never mind I found it and got it working!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try to get better pic next time. 15" light bar. All creed spots,,,,, 7800 lumens. Bright as hell.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Light Bar

This is where I mounted mine. If I remember it is 24". I am going to change where I routed the wire but other then that I just wired it under the hood like others have talked about. it is also how my dealer advised to hook up auxiliary lights. Definitely made the trip into Moose Camp in the dark much nicer last September!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts