Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Would you buy a XP1000 crew? >2023 build thread

5K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Holden Afart 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: Bought 2023 Ranger XP1000 crew in graphite ...

I'm a current ranger owner (570 mid, XP1000).
Occasionally I need a crew.
Looking at nice used ones the numbers don't make sense.
So, I'm considering new. Premium trims are the ones I'm shopping.
The 570 full size crew doesn't appear to be much cheaper than the 1000 crew.
1000 crew gets pretty close to XP1000 in price.
I've been offered a in stock, just assembled, XP1000 crew premium in grey for $21,750 otd. I'm tax exempt in my state for farm use.
Planning to place a deposit Tuesday (most powersports dealers in my region are closed on Monday).

I would add all accessories myself which I enjoy. Would add the same stuff no matter what model.
Those would be:
Camlocker toolbox, rear bumper, saw press, rear windshield, rear view mirror, winch, light bar, rear light, bed mat, roof, windshield, interior lights and bed anchors.

The existing 570 and XP1000 have the same accessories and I'm planning to keep both. I also added power steering to the 570 fwiw.

At that price the 570 and 1000 don't really seem worth considering.
Would like to hear your feedback.
Thanks for reading.

See less See more
#2 ·
$21,750 otd
At that price, and in stock to boot, sounds like a no brainer to me. Sounds like your going to add close to 20K + in accessories that can be added a little at a time to spread out the financial hit and wind up with the ultimate ride in comfort and features.

FWIW - rear bed matt - I used a horse stall matt from Tractor Supply that I cut to fit. Its flat (no ribs or side walls like a genuine bed matt) my dogs have better traction with their paws and claws and more comfortable for them to lie down.

For peace of mind, I recently purchased a 4 year extended service contract on my 2022 Ranger 1000 crew. My unit is a must have daily work horse.

Good luck on Tuesday,

LG

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
It's about $3k for the accessories. Assuming I don't add anything else. Will bring it to my shop at home and do everything before it goes to the farm.
Horse stall mat is a great option. I'm going to use the smartliner (I think that's the name). I have it in my current XP1000. It's heavy, softer rubber and the edges turn up so stuff doesn't get under the mat. I have the polaris version in my midsize. Like the aftermarket one much better.

I'll go ahead and order everything as soon as I place a deposit or pick it up. Had major surgery Thursday. Might not be able to pick it up for a week or two.
Thanks again for the input!

#4 ·
Thanks for the comeback, and reference to the bed liner. I looked up Smartliner very nice indeed. I made front and rear floor mats out of 24"x24" interlocking floor mats. That Tractor supply stall mat I used for the bed is extremely heavy, like a 100 pounds. I need to ditch that someday and consider the Smartliner. I like the turned up edges. They don't list a 2022 or '23 crew only 2021 and earlier. Need to call them.

Hope your recovery goes well.

Rectangle Font Slope Line Parallel

#5 · (Edited)
Thank you very much. Going pretty good so far.
I'll take the smartliner out of my current XP1000 and make sure it fits the new one before I order. I'll follow up on that.<it fits!>
My current XP is a 2020 but it has the button to change from work/normal/sport (or whatever the modes are) which supposedly was a 2021+ option only.
May make some mats or order some. Would be a good addition. Thanks for the link and suggestion.

#10 ·
Thanks,
I have an XP1000 single row. So, i doubt I'll read anything, I should!
I've already ordered and/or received everything.
Picking up machine, roof, w/s and winch kit at the dealer tomorrow.
Here's the rundown for accessories:
roof- oem
windshield- oem
4500lb winch kit- oem
saw press- oem
Camlocker toolbox
rear bumper
rear view mirror
rear back up light
bed mat
led overhead (interior) lights
17" led lightbar in front brushguard
pulse bar connectors
lock and ride bed anchors
extra keys
factory match light switches
rear windshield

I'll bring it home and install everything before it gets used.
should have everything done in a week.

Debating a stereo
Have a variety of LED lights from other projects and may add some additional lighting.

#13 · (Edited)
Dealer sent me these today.
The roof and windshield (I installed a folding oem, they kept the one pictured) were not supposed to have been installed. As you can see they were. Not a big deal and no cost to me. So, I can't complain.

I've already placed a deposit and have a bill of sale.
It's already insured .
On trailer pic tomorrow

#16 ·
making some progress.
Just W/S and finishing up switch wiring left.
Everything else on the list has been installed

Attachments

#17 ·
BTW- the smartliner fits the 23 perfect.
I ordered a new one and it dropped right in. Fits just like the one in my 2020 XP1000.
one of my buddies insisted I sell him the SP570. He's picking it up this week.
Probably regret selling it but with a XP1000 and XP1000 crew that should cover all my bases.
I have ATV's if I need something smaller.
Thanks for reading

#20 · (Edited)
The 2023 is all done and ready to go to the farm.
I'll get some more pics soon.
Ordered a new 14' utility trailer to move it around.
Went with down2earth brand from my local Kubota dealer.

The 2020 Ranger XP1000 will come home for 100hr service.

A good friend insisted I sell him my 570. Said, I had too many.

Thanks for looking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.