Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ranger 900 XP
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 900 xp that took a hit today.

A little back story. My machine stays at my dads farm and he uses it fairly often with the cows. I use it primarily for huntung or helping with the cattle. A lot of times I will come down and jump in and it is still in gear instead of park which I a have reminded him several times to use park, as well as turf mode instead of 4wd.

Well you guessed it. Today he stopped somewhere and left it in gear. It took off down a hill and hit a tree. I have not seen the machine yet but he said the bumper broke as well as "the plastic" which I assume is the hood or fender/fenders. He drove it the rest of the day but honestly he goes so slow if there are other issues they might not show up. Im hoping but not confident the frame is ok. I shall see tomorrow. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
2015 Ranger 900 XP
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it is bad, real bad :(

The machine took the hit head on at the inside of the passanger side tire. Bumpers destroyed, hood broke, both the fender and headlight enclosure broke. The drivers side tire has about 5-6 inches of clearance between the tire and fender next to the cab, passanger side about an inch and rubs inside the fender well at times. To drive straight there is a 90 degree turn in the steering wheel. The frame is also bent at the bumper attachment pushing the dash up about an inch on the passanger side and crinkling up the plastic skid plate underneath. Passanger wheel is also bent with a flat spot where it hit the tree. My mom said when it hit it was going "real fast" and the rear tires came up and the machine spun 90 degrees in the air from impact.

All in all I am not sure what to do. My dad wants me to take it in and have it fixed and he will take care of it $$$. I see what looks like enough damage to possibly total it but damn I don't want to make a payment on a new machine and I imagine insurance would only pay in the 8k range which would put me way upside down on a new one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts