Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some information about our Poker Run on May 17, 2008 to benefit The Make A Wish Foundation

Here is the website link: www.wvrfac.com

The Poker Run will be May 17, 2008 - starting in Sanderson, WV
There are 4 local children that need their wishes granted we are trying to grant at least one if not two (or more) - wishes avg $3600.00. You can download a registration form from the website.

We are also looking for sponsors as well as door prize donations, if anyone is interested please PM me.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

Glad to see you are getting it all together. Send me your mailing address and I will send you some koozies and a donation. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. May god bless you and the cause.

Josh

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

Just say if a few members would like to donate to the cause and can't show up, do yo have an account that checks can be written to? Or do you have a pay-pal account that they can send money to? Also if taking checks what is a address to send them to? You never know a guest might see this and would like to donate. We have got about 100,000 page views in about 2 months.

Josh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, should have put that in my initial post

Checks can be made payable to:

WV Ride For A Cause
PO Box 418
Pinch WV 25156

anything is appreciated as we want to get these wishes granted.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I haven't forgot about you, I have been busy getting the St. Jude Ride ready. You are doing a good thing, keep up the good work.

Josh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I totally understand. I haven't been able to check in lately either. Things are looking good so far, if everything comes through. Giving back in anyway is a good thing. St. Jude's is a great cause as well. Sadly runs hand in hand with Make A Wish most of the time. We have been out all day trying to gather door prizes. So much to do so little time. I am sure you know the feeling.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
How is everything coming along for you? Our ride is over and now I can take a break for a little while. I will have my wife send you a check this week. You are doing a great thing. Keep it up.

Josh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering how everything went. Did you meet your goal? have a good turnout? I have been swamped getting everything together. Door prizes, sponsors, food, route planning, it is crazy around here - we have had 250 lbs of catfish to fillet with another 200 lbs left. A local catfish pond donated them all for the fish fry at the end. We have had a great response - estimates between 150 -300 riders. More than I ever dreamed. But for a great cause. More stuff to do...will catch ya later.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey,

Yes we had a good turnout. Being the 1st time to do this I set my goal for 2,000.00 and we met. The total was 3,200.00 for both days. It was an awesome turnout and I will be doing it again next year. Shoals Outdoor Sports donated the food and drinks, and they also cooked everything. They did an awesome job.

Josh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad to hear everything went great! Way to go and way to pay it forward. Maybe we can make it next year. Sounds like a great time for a great cause.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to post an update from our poker run!!

Wow, what a great turn out and what a great day. We had about 300 people there including my wonderful volunteers. 276 registered for the event!!! Not bad for the first poker run I have ever created. We raised approx $11,500 for Make A Wish after expenses which were very low, biggest expense - T-Shirts. Everything else we had donated, the fish fry batter from Louisana Fish Fry products, the whole punches from McGill Co, the fish, the polish sausages...the list goes on. We also had over $3,000 in door prizes to give away, including a Wii and 2 - 3000lb winches. Lots of hard work but worth it. To make a child's day a little brighter means everything. Everyone deserves a smile!

Wish some of you could have been there.

I will attach a few pics in my next post, we will be putting more up on the website and creating a slide show of the event later. We are in the process of collecting pictures. There are so many it is hard to dwindle down to a few.

www.wvrfac.com

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Average wish is $3200 but they a vary some kinds want simple things some want bigger. That is the averaqe trip to disney which is the most popular wish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts