Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me their experiences on the quickest they've gotten there machines too? I had mine out this week and was kinda dissapointed it topped out at 50mph. My machine is all stock. And if so is there anything I can do to get a little more top end safely.

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Can anyone tell me their experiences on the quickest they've gotten there machines too? I had mine out this week and was kinda dissapointed it topped out at 50mph. My machine is all stock. And if so is there anything I can do to get a little more top end safely.
Is yours a crew?

·
Registered
207 Posts
As fast as I want to go

Have a 400 HO and out of curiosity clocked it at 43 mph on a paved road with a little more to go. Estimate 45 mph flat out which is downright scary.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gilomen innovation has a ecu tune/clutch kit combo that will get you to 70 pretty easy
+1. I have this kit installed and it will hit 70mph really quick with a best of 74 so far with 28" tires on it. I had Terry calibrate the speedo for the 28" tires when I ordered it. Definitely worth the money imo. I had a 2017 General prior to this and I would be willing to bet this Ranger would hang with, if not beat it. :grin:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine tops out at 65. Don't tell my wife. 2018 1000 Ranger xp. 2 seater.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The old 800 crews had some restrictor plate by the intake manifold. The 1000's probably dont. Maybe tuned down in the ECU instead.

·
Vendor
276 Posts
There's a whole lot of power left over in that XP 1000. It has a lot of limitations from the factory. Our ECU tuners really open that thing up and make it a beast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's a whole lot of power left over in that XP 1000. It has a lot of limitations from the factory. Our ECU tuners really open that thing up and make it a beast.
I already tried to look at one but I stopped because your website says you are out of stock of every year. Do you have one for a 2020 crew?

·
Registered
371 Posts
man a crew is a big machine.
2 neighbors has them.
They like to haul a lot of folks around.
I'd hate to go that fast with passengers..

I have a 900.xp 3 seater.

It used to be super tight.
30 in low toward 25 hrs.
At 25 hrs. I went to the dealer for a service .
Now it hits 40 in low.
Don't ask me about high.
Before the service. It went over 70 on blacktop road.
Took no time getting there

·
Vendor
276 Posts
I already tried to look at one but I stopped because your website says you are out of stock of every year. Do you have one for a 2020 crew?
Hoping to get that 2020 Tune back up on the website today.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got a 2019 Northstar. From the factory, in turf mode, it would run about 62+mph. It was 0-60mph in about 19 seconds.
After having Gilomen Innovations work on it for about 4 hrs., I left their shop with a 0-60mph (with a passenger) at about 10 seconds. On top speed, with a passenger, I stopped accelerating when I hit 80 mph, as I didn't see any point in trying to push it beyond that. And I think it was pretty well near top end anyway.
I had Gilomen install their 118hp upgrade kit with new cams and am very pleased with it. My Ranger will nearly raise the front end off the ground now in low range and performance mode.
I've enjoyed making all kinds of improvements and upgrades. Just recently ordered the upgraded P90XT clutch from Gilomen, and I am most impressed with it. The Ranger shifts effortlessly now and is smoother taking off than it EVER was brand new off the showroom floor.
The guys at Gilomen really have the ECU tuning and clutching figured out. BTW, even if you don't opt for the clutch upgrade, you can have them change your one-way bearing in the primary clutch into a two-way. My one-way bearing failed prematurely. So I ordered a new bearing from Gilomen, had them convert it to two-way, and now I just keep the factory clutch on the shelf as a back-up.
Here's my Ranger. I went to 29" tires, 14" wheels, Elka stage 5 shocks, the new P90XT and many other add-ons. The Ride Command is nice on the trails, too.
The Gilomen upgrades have been the most fun. Makes it kinda sporty to ride in now.

·
Registered
2019 XP1000 Camo
127 Posts
I’ve been looking at buying their primary this week instead of the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hoping to get that 2020 Tune back up on the website today.
Thanks I checked just now 2020 still out of stock.
Is there any settings in this tuner that allow for the tune to be active only when in performance mode, and keep stock settings in other modes?

·
Vendor
276 Posts
Thanks I checked just now 2020 still out of stock.
Is there any settings in this tuner that allow for the tune to be active only when in performance mode, and keep stock settings in other modes?
Not really, but it just takes less than 5 minutes to flash it back to stock. Just plug her in and push the button.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts