Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me their experiences on the quickest they've gotten there machines too? I had mine out this week and was kinda dissapointed it topped out at 50mph. My machine is all stock. And if so is there anything I can do to get a little more top end safely.

·
Super Moderator
2,295 Posts
Can anyone tell me their experiences on the quickest they've gotten there machines too? I had mine out this week and was kinda dissapointed it topped out at 50mph. My machine is all stock. And if so is there anything I can do to get a little more top end safely.
Is yours a crew?

·
Registered
207 Posts
As fast as I want to go

Have a 400 HO and out of curiosity clocked it at 43 mph on a paved road with a little more to go. Estimate 45 mph flat out which is downright scary.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gilomen innovation has a ecu tune/clutch kit combo that will get you to 70 pretty easy
+1. I have this kit installed and it will hit 70mph really quick with a best of 74 so far with 28" tires on it. I had Terry calibrate the speedo for the 28" tires when I ordered it. Definitely worth the money imo. I had a 2017 General prior to this and I would be willing to bet this Ranger would hang with, if not beat it. :grin:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine tops out at 65. Don't tell my wife. 2018 1000 Ranger xp. 2 seater.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The old 800 crews had some restrictor plate by the intake manifold. The 1000's probably dont. Maybe tuned down in the ECU instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts