Polaris Ranger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of info on here about what tires and wheels fit and what don't, what rub and what don't. Since there isn't a "wheel and tire" thread sticky (that I could find) I figured I would throw this info on here in case someone else is looking for some real world info.

2020 XP1000 Ranger - 28x10x14 Maxxis Carnivore on Raceline Black Mombas 14x7 with 4+3 spacing. I did put 1" spacers on the rear, the rear track is narrower than the front. For those that don't know, factory wheels are different front to rear to account for this. Note, the factory studs are longer than 1", you will have to grind the back side of your wheel, or grind down the factory wheel studs to run a 1" spacer. If you want to avoid this just get 1.5" spacers.

Tires measure true to size and they easily clear the skip plate. I didn't measure but looked to be over an inch clearance. I actually think 30s may clear, but others say they rub. I only have a few miles on them, but can say they ride a lot better than the stock tires. Kind of surprised me by how much better they ride, I assume because they are radials. I noticed no loss in power. Did gain a little lift over the stock setup, but some of that was due to bumping the shock springs to the middle position. I think the rear hitch was around 12.75", front measured 13.5" to bottom of skid plate after I settled the suspension. Roof height is around 6'5"-6'6".

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
168 Posts
Lots of info on here about what tires and wheels fit and what don't, what rub and what don't. Since there isn't a "wheel and tire" thread sticky (that I could find) I figured I would throw this info on here in case someone else is looking for some real world info.

2020 XP1000 Ranger - 28x10x14 Maxxis Carnivore on Raceline Black Mombas 14x7 with 4+3 spacing. I did put 1" spacers on the rear, the rear track is narrower than the front. For those that don't know, factory wheels are different front to rear to account for this. Note, the factory studs are longer than 1", you will have to grind the back side of your wheel, or grind down the factory wheel studs to run a 1" spacer. If you want to avoid this just get 1.5" spacers.

Tires measure true to size and they easily clear the skip plate. I didn't measure but looked to be over an inch clearance. I actually think 30s may clear, but others say they rub. I only have a few miles on them, but can say they ride a lot better than the stock tires. Kind of surprised me by how much better they ride, I assume because they are radials. I noticed no loss in power. Did gain a little lift over the stock setup, but some of that was due to bumping the shock springs to the middle position. I think the rear hitch was around 12.75", front measured 13.5" to bottom of skid plate after I settled the suspension. Roof height is around 6'5"-6'6".

View attachment 26887
Sweet looking rig very stout looking. Well done!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Good thead & nice rig, there should be a sticky on what fits & what don't. 30x9.5x15 Kenda Klevers on System 3 4+3 beadlocks, 2" spacers , front tires rub slightly, but not enough to worry about Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good thead & nice rig, there should be a sticky on what fits & what don't. 30x9.5x15 Kenda Klevers on System 3 4+3 beadlocks, 2" spacers , front tires rub slightly, but not enough to worry about View attachment 26889
I did find some info from you when doing my research. I almost bought those same wheels but went with the Raceline because I thought they would be easier to clean.
It seems we have similar taste :ROFLMAO:

sidetrack here, those cube lights you have, are those Baja Design? They look good, nice job on the install.
and no Ride Command? I thought all Northstars had Ride Command...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes sir Baja Design, thank you. I ordered a NS premium to get away from ride command, I like to do my own stereo's & didn't want to work around it. I also don't mind cranking the windows up & down in the go-cart, lol

·
Registered
43 Posts

I’m running 30x10x14 carnivores without any problems. I have a 3” pro-lift and they barely rubbed in reverse at full lock when they were brand new but don’t rub anymore. I’m very happy with them. They clean out mud and snow from the tread blocks easily and havnt let me down. I would buy them again.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
2020 XP1000 Ride Command
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably should have chanced it and got the 30s, but no regrets... I'm happy with the 28s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts