Polaris Ranger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 high lifter xp1000 and when I take off it bucks or jerks like it grabbing and letting go, just changed the belt and it seems like it’s getting worse any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
1,850 Posts
Are you experiencing this bucking and jerkiness while drive on bumpy trail, in High Range?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have a p90xt clutch from and a tuned ecu from gilloman innovations for a 2018-19 northstar if you interested. This clutch is way better than the factory clutch. I sold my northstar but kept the ecu and clutch. Never mind I see you have a 2017

·
Registered
3 Posts
2019 NorthStar Bucking too

My 2019 NorthStar "Bucks" much worse in low-range (and reverse) worse than high-range. I am a newbie to this forum and I think that there is another thread somewhere that already talks about the issue at more length. I am dumb as a rock regarding forum use so if someone could direct me there I would appreciate it.

I took the Ranger to the dealer, dropped it off, and after they did a test drive they said ... "All the 2018 and 2019 do it. We have tried clutches and and and and...it is just the way it is". The way it is is unacceptable. Somewhere I got the idea that I can void my warranty and put an aftermarket clutch and ECU tuner on the critter and that solves it. The aftermarket stuff may be very good and I am not opposed to mods once the Ranger is out of warranty so I may be interested in that route if all else fails. However, that seems like a silly solution to a known negative performance issue.

I took a video of the Rangers' unstable RPM at partial/low throttle. The Tach on the dash is graduated in 50 RPM increments so I dont know the totality of the fluctuation but it is present...so I think the issue is with the engine programming rather than mechanical clutch. I also have a 2019 XP 1000 RocksTrails RZR and that RPM is completely stable in neutral and when in gear the vehicle can creep in high or low range flat ground or rock climb with no chugging or jerking.

As I said earlier, I am thinking this issue has already been well exercised but any input from the folks on this forum would be welcomed. The Polaris Dealer input was less than helpful, actually disheartening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rock2100

I tried to send you a PM but I not yet allowed to do so...don't have 5 posts...sheesh. Send me a PM and we can chat about the aftermarket clutch and ECU Nice coyotes btw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dura Clutch. Polaris clutches are noted for the 'jerkeyness' and it sucks. The DuraClutch keeps the belt engaged so it over comes the jerkerness. Smooth start offs every time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts