Polaris Ranger Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thought I would show everyone what we ended up doing. Of course, after many hours and finding out that the new 22 N. stars will have new comfort bolstered seats, to say I’m pissed is an understatement. Polaris should come out with a deal for us to get those seats At a discount.

After looking at all the options we went ahead and ordered some very nice sheepskin pads and put them on the seats. To provide a little additional lumbar support I took two short pieces of foam 1/2” copper pipe insulation and placed them under the pads in the lumbar area. This has significantly improved the comfort. I have attached a picture so you can see our solution.

·
Registered
2022 Northstar Ultimate camo crew (patiently waiting)
93 Posts
Thought I would show everyone what we ended up doing. Of course, after many hours and finding out that the new 22 N. stars will have new comfort bolstered seats, to say I’m pissed is an understatement. Polaris should come out with a deal for us to get those seats At a discount.

After looking at all the options we went ahead and ordered some very nice sheepskin pads and put them on the seats. To provide a little additional lumbar support I took two short pieces of foam 1/2” copper pipe insulation and placed them under the pads in the lumbar area. This has significantly improved the comfort. I have attached a picture so you can see our solution. View attachment 25655
How about just ordering a couple of the 2022 Ultimate seats? I havent seen them or sat in them and dont know if they would be a direct replacement but worth a shot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How about just ordering a couple of the 2022 Ultimate seats? I havent seen them or sat in them and dont know if they would be a direct replacement but worth a shot
This endeavor started over two months ago and the 2022 improved seats were announced last week. I was just trying to show anyone using this forum what we ended up doing as an interim solution to foster ideas. I agree with you and I’m hoping that we can get a good price on the 2022 seats if they’re as comfortable as we hope.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wanted to provide an update and also probably put an end to this forum listing. Just got a look at the 2022 Northstar ultimate seats. They are absolutely fantastic and a marked improvement over the previous seats. So much so we have ordered a set for our 21 Northstar. The cost was $1500. Dealer check and they have not changed the seat mounts so these should be a direct replacement for the current seats in our 21.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Carbon Personal luxury car

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The still sit straight as they use the same seat frames. However, they sit much more comfortable with the bolsters and softer foam. Very similar to the Defender Limited seats.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts